Day 3 - Your Favourite TV Show

Guess what?  I have more than one TV show too!  :)

Odette's Top 5 Current TV Shows

5. Top Gear - British humor at it's best!  I love this show, it is SO freaking funny.  Basically it's a BBC show that's supposed to be about cars, and it is, but it's so much more.  They do challenges every episode which can be anything from racing the TGV through France to making a car into a space shuttle.  If you've never seen it, even if you don't like cars, watch it.

4. Big Bang Theory - I love this show and it's not just because I can relate to the characters (my husband is an aerospace engineer and our "group" here used to consist of two physicists and a mathematician) but it is smart as well as being funny.  My husband and our friends all knew someone in University like Sheldon and although none are as nerdy as he is, my husband WILL point out when they make a mistake in one of their equations.

3. The Amazing Race and Top Chef (tie) - As far as reality TV goes I think that these two are the best.  Amazing Race is fun and gives people an interesting perspective on other cultures.  Top Chef is in this list because it is a constant source of inspiration.  The contestants pour their hearts and souls into their craft and you can truly see cooking as an art.

2. 30 Rock - This show is hilarious.  That's it.  Tina Fey is awesome, Alec Baldwin is awesome and hell they even have Matt Damon as a recurring character.  The live show was great! ("Is it a surprise party? Cause I was totally in on it.  It was very expensive!")  This is the one show that never fails to deliver for me.  I very much love it.

1. Modern Family - Manny is the BEST!!!!  At first I was very resistant to watching this show, as I am resistant to anything that gets too much hype, but I finally caved and it has been SOOOO worth it!  It's just awesome.

Runner up - How I Met Your Mother - I would have included this show in my top 5, but I hate Ted.  The guy is annoying as crud and he's a bit of a jerk.  With that said however, the rest of the cast is awesome!  My fave episode has to be the one where Robin can't decide whether she is Canadian or American and winds up in Canada after a crazy night at the "Hoser Hut."  Long story short Barney ends up getting beat up by a kid at Tim Hortons (for you American readers, Tim Hortons is a Canadian institution, like Dunkin Donuts.)  I should mention that I am not a fan of how the show last weekend ended, that show is supposed to be funny, not sad.

Odette's Top 5 Older Shows (aka cancelled shows)

5. Friends
4. Star Trek - All of 'em (ha ha ha I'm a huge nerd)
3. Dead Like Me
2. Alias
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

So that's 3 days and going strong!  Yay for me!  Sorry these posts all seem a little abrupt, but I am still fighting this cold/flu thing that is going around and I have next to no energy.  Hope everything is good in your corner of the world!

Comments

Cupcake Blonde said…
I LOVE Amazing Race. My favorite reality show by far. And I had no idea your husband was an engineer. How funny he points out their mistakes! He should write in to that show and point out their mistakes. I still love it though. And you know my love for HIMYM. And although sad, I thought the ending of this week's episode was very real. Remember there have been really sad moments before, it's not always funny.

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

100th Post

I'm confused...