Day 10 - A Photo Taken of You Over 10 Years Ago

Surprise surprise it's another animal.  This is Rusty.  He was the first pony that I half-leased.  This photo makes me laugh because that shirt was by Westbeach, and at the time Westbeach was the big brand and I was so happy that I got it, but it was SOOOO big!  ha ha ha.

Also the halter and leadrope that Rusty is wearing was my 13th birthday present.

Rusty was such a good pony. He belonged to my coach as a child, and when I was riding him he was already in his 20's and he lived until he was in his late 30's!!! (By then he was OLD, in pain and unhappy.  He was put down very peacefully in a field with my coach, his owner for over 30 years, by his side and he was then burried on the property, so he's always close.)  This pony had such a big personality, he was "the king" of ponies and he was the boss of all the boys in the field.  Once we took him on a trail ride to the beach and he got bored so he threw his rider and galloped home.  He was the first pony that I cantered on, the first pony that I jumped and the first pony that I showed on and even won a ribbon! 

Some of my happiest memories are from riding and Rusty is in many of them!  I miss this pony, he was the best!  

Comments

Cupcake Blonde said…
Look at you! You are so young! I love it. And you had the most gorgeous horses. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

I'm confused...

My Plan worked wa ha ha ha