I really should be studying but...

Okay so I am not going to lie I have been procrastinating for the better part of three hours. I have a final tomorrow and I really should be studying, but I'm just not that into it. So far since getting home I have brushed my cat, unloaded the dishwasher, vaccumed (cause brushing the cat makes a big hairy mess), watched Heroes online (I know the show's pretty much dead but I can't help believeing that it will get better.), checked Facebook 100 times and now I'm blogging.

So update on the snarky classmate. She has now taken to talking smack about one of our teachers DURING class, and let me tell you her voice carries. She has not done very well on any of the midterms so far and she is unraveling big time the funny thing is that if she wasn't such a bitch I would actually offer to help her, but hey why am I going to give my time to her when she was so nasty to me? (Plus I don't think that she'd take my help either because she is too proud.) I have a bad feeling that she's dragging down all her "friends" too, because I know that none of them have done particuarly well on the midterms either. Oh well not my problem, but I am getting a strange sense of satisfaction (I'm going to hell I know.)

In other news, we're headed to Quebec City this weekend for Carnival it's like this winter festival with this big creepy snowman. I've been hearing about it and "celebrating" it since I was in kindergarten so I am excited to finally get to go!

We're also now house hunting. Boo. I hate house hunting, it's tedious and sometimes you find these GREAT houses but there's just one little thing wrong with them and so you get disappointed. Then there's the houses that from the outside look amazing and then you get in them and it's a mess. Such was the case with this house we saw on Monday. From the outside it was amazing it was built to look like a mini French chateau, with stone and even a turret, it was soooo cute. Then we walk in and there's like some kind of stucco on the celing, these HORRIBLE ceramic tiles in the entry way, dragon shaped light switch plates, a kitchen that three people could barely fit, a whole medieval motif going on through the whole house except in two of the bedrooms, where one had a ballet slipper motif and one had a fishing motif? Oh and did I mention that it was a single guy that lived there alone for many years? It had 4 levels (two basement levels!) and was actually quite cool if you don't count the whole it had every type of flooring you could imagine, a non-existant kitchen, and it looked like the guy was either REALLY into dungeons and dragons, or S&M, or satanic rituals, or all three. It was too bad because this guy destroyed what could have been an amazing house, but now it would cost about $60,000 just to fix it and he wanted too much for it so chances are it'll never sell. So sad.

Anyway we're on the hunt. The Canadian government has offered a tax incentive to get people to buy their first homes and also to do renos, so that along with the market makes this the perfect time to buy! Now we just have to find something.... crap.

Anyway I am actually going to try to study now and by tomorrow at this time I'll be done with Organizationa Behaviour! YAY! Hope you're all having a great day!

Comments

jiggins said…
Well how could you concentrate enough to study with all of that going on anyway! :) and that snowman is creepy.. I saw him once when Conan O' Brien went to Quebec. Strange.

Good luck on the house hunting, it's fun and not fun at the same time for me.. or even apartment or condo hunting. That one with 2 basement levels sounded interesting, minus the King Aurthur motif. Hahah.. see ya:)
kim-d said…
BWAHAHAHA...Odette, we have both been busy procrastinating on the studying! Only you get to be finished with Organizational Behavior in a short period of time. While I, on the other hand, am sure that Humanities is going to go on and on and on...forever! GAH. I am just not very good at being human :).

As for that classmate of yours and all of her little minion "friend"? Don't you dare even THINK about helping her! This is karma biting her in the ass, and it's going to be sweet. She sounds like the type of person who is her own worst enemy and doesn't even know it. Too much pride is even worse than not having any pride, I think.

And I'm with you on the househunting. When we were looking, I finally got to the point where I was ready to take anything I didn't HATE as long as we could afford it. But then we found our house and it turned out fine. You'll know when you find the right one...hopefully soon! HA!
Wanderlusting said…
Wow MISS MONEYBAGS! You get to buy a HOUSE? I thought Mike and I were lucky to buy a small apartment :(

Ah, Bon homme Bon homme...isn't that the creepy snowman's name? Hate that damn French snowman.
Odette said…
Karina all I can tell ya is that my whole house will probably cost less than your small apartment. It's the one good thing about living here, property costs are so low! But then you do have to live in Quebec, so it's not much of a trade off! lol :)
PorkStar said…
nice, good luck on your exam
Mary Ellen said…
Househunting is an exhausting process, but when you find THE ONE, it'll all be worth it.

I bet the creepy D & D guy won't be able to figure out how come his house isn't selling...
Delicieux said…
Good luck with finding a house. I've never been through that, but I can imagine it's quite tedious. :)

Girl in class gets what she deserves. Karma's a biatch!

Sooo.... when's the wedding??
kim-d said…
Good morning, Odette. Just had to stop by quick and say THANK YOU. I love your comments so much I am wondering how I got along without them!!!

Eye of the Tiger? BWAHAHAHAHA...love it!
kim-d said…
Well? How is it? Are you finished with Organizational Behavior?

Again, just wanted to say HI...I'm chatty today. :)
Cupcake Blonde said…
I am laughing over that house because I was saying to myself the floors can be fixed etc...but to change the kitchen, way too much of an overhaul. And I can just picture the whole S&M theme he has going on in there. Talk about looks can be deceiving. I bet he got a whole lot of traffic due to the outside being spectacular and then once inside it is a huge letdown. He will have a hard time selling it for sure unless he does a mojor interior overhaul. He needs to be on that HGTV show Sell This House. Stat!
Fenway appreciates you saying she's cute. She was not thrilled to pose so she really didn't look all that happy.

Hallie :)
Anonymous said…
I was never really good at studying. Hence why I never finished college. But I will, finish college that is, one day.

House hunting must be a pain. I lucked into buying the condo that my husband and I were renting so I never had to hunt and move around and whatnot - that said, it makes our next home purchase that much more intimidating!

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

100th Post

I'm confused...