Day 11 - A Photo Taken of You Recently

Fewf I almost missed today!  So I have been avoiding the camera lately as I am not happy with how I look at the moment, so this is a tough one for me, but I did my best.

This is pretty much typical of most pictures taken of me recently, well this or me with a deranged expression on my face.  I have actually lost about 10lbs recently, but all the pictures of me still have me looking gross, so as I said I am avoiding cameras.

This picture was taken last summer at a friend's apartment in Paris.  We visited there as part of our trip to Europe for my brother's wedding.  It's funny going back to Paris, it feels like going home.  It hasn't lost that sparkle, but there's also something very familiar about it.  This building is actually where my now husband (then boyfriend) lived, so it was nice to go back to where it all began... now I am thinking that we should have gone back to the bar where it REALLY all began, but oh well!  It is hard not to laugh sort of when you see pictures of people in the places you used to (or still do) live.  Whenever I see people take those touristy pictures of Paris I take on a French attitude and turn all snobby, which is ironic seeing as I have some too.  To me Paris feels like "mine."  Maybe because besides the friends that I made there I am the only one of my friends to live there and I can't explain it I have this irrational possessiveness that comes over me about it.  It's almost like I feel that people can go to Paris to visit, but it will never be a part of them as it is a part of me I don't know.  Silly I know, but I feel like I know Paris' secrets, I can feel her pulse.  Anyway going to Paris this summer was magic, we spent most of our time hanging out with friends drinking apparos and wine.  C'est la vie ca!

On an unrelated note, I am SO sick of hearing about this horoscope change thing.  I have heard and read many conflicting things like it is only supposed to affect those born after 2009 and it has to do with the Eastern Astrological calendar or whatever.  Regardless I have a tattoo of my astrological sign on my wrist and I keep getting flack for it.  Do I go up to someone with a tramp stamp and give them a hard time?  no!  A tattoo is your own personal choice, we all have reasons for the ones we have mine is to remind myself to not be so critical of myself and others and to allow myself to let go every now and then.  I personally fit being a Virgo to a T.  So no matter what some scientist or Astrologer says I am not going to regret getting my tattoo, so shut the hell up about it or I may start to question you about the crappy body art you have!

Oh and as of today I have officially blogged more in January then I did in the whole of 2010!

  

Comments

Cupcake Blonde said…
I love this picture of you. I feel the same way about how I look too right now so I understand these types of pictures. One like this would have come in handy for me. :)

I am so sick about the zodiac thing too. Get over it! I am not changing my sign. I'm a Scorpio, will always be a Scorpio so stop. I knew it was too much when my husband came home asking about it. If he hears it at work then I know it is everywhere.
D said…
Agreed about the horoscope craze. I'm no longer a Sag apparently. My new sign is something I can't even pronounce and there's no info on. So...if someone asks me my sign (which I'm not sure people even do anymore) I'll just say TBD.

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

100th Post

I'm confused...