Day 18 - My wedding

Most people will tell you that their wedding day was the best day of their lives and blah blah blah.  For me not so much.  I would not have another wedding for a million dollars.  I hated my wedding, not because it was a bad wedding, quite the contrary most people who were there told me that it was one of the funnest wedding that they've been to.  You see the problem was that I am not the "bride" type.  I do not like attention, I do not like a lot of pictures taken of me and I do not like to have to "make the rounds."

Why then did I have a wedding?  One word - Mom.  My mother wanted the wedding, I wanted to elope in the Caribbean.  So alas my dream of a barefoot ceremony attended by only our parents turned into the 80 person wedding that I had always  dreaded.  Actually I shouldn't say that, I had always dreaded getting married in a church and then having a reception in a hotel or golf club. 

We got married at the beach, and invited only our immediate family.  Officiated by the amazing and hilarious Brent Sheppard.  Our wedding was pretty laid back.

Then we had the reception in a tent at a heritage house just off the beach. We had only a few speeches, and pretty much tried to stress the "party" part, not the formalities much to the dismay of certain members of our family.
I designed and made the centrepieces
Our colours were turquoise and brown in case you hadn't guessed.  We had the BEST photographers (Kat and Dan from Stonephoto.) We also had an amazing cake (that we didn't to get eat :( cause it was all gone... my wedding planner didn't believe me when I said my family liked cake.)
Our wedding party was AWE-SOME and consisted of my 2 best friends from H.S., my husband's twin bro and his friend from Uni.
The food was amazing (canuel caterers) and the DJ was bar none the best I have ever heard.  He kept the dance floor going all night!

Yes it may have seemed amazing to the outsider and honestly were I a guest I probably would have LOVED it (and gotten a piece of cake) but alas I spent my whole night being pulled in a million different directions, never getting to enjoy it.  Whoever tells you "it's your day" is a liar.  That's my two cents. 

Never again.

Comments

Cupcake Blonde said…
Ha ha! I have to laugh because I was "that bride." :) We even had the reception at a golf club. hee hee!

Not every one has a typical wedding and I think you had the best wedding for you, even if it wasn't really yours. I ended up doing a lot of things I wouldn't have done for the sake of my mom too. :) Which is why on our 10th anniversary we are renewing our vows in the way we wanted to get married. On a beach in Italy.

Your photos were amazing, especially that first one with the HUGE sky! I love them! I wish my photographer had been a bit more daring with his shots, although we did get some beautiful pictures. I just like the more artsy ones.

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

100th Post

I'm confused...