What Doesn't Kill Us

Living in Quebec is a character builder. Living in Quebec is a character builder. Living in Quebec is a character builder. I am repeating that to myself over and over, because eventually I will believe that instead of "Living in Quebec Sucks ASS."

The job interview came and went and it didn't go as well as I would have liked. I did my best, but I probably sounded like a moron as I stumbled over my words a few times! I think that I answered the questions well, but I am sure that the other candidates answered them just as well. The main interviewer had to go on a "conference call" about 15-20 mins into the interview and then I saw her in the lobby about 10 mins later with the next candidate. Not a positive sign.

While I was sitting in the waiting area I saw the previous candidate leave and mention that she'd e-mail her references. The remaining interviewer didn't even ask for my references, I had to offer them.

They also said that they would be making the decision today and getting the individual to start work tomorrow, but I haven't hear anything at it's 8pm. I am thinking that I didn't get the job.

There are good things about not getting the job. I can go to Toronto as I had planned on July 2nd and I don't have to worry about taking time of for my wedding. So I guess that's good. I really did want to start working though and I was really hoping that I'd finally have money to buy things. Oh well, as the title says; what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Comments

Sorry to hear that is didn't work out. Does the old "things happen for a reason" help at all?

Probably not.

This sucks donkey balls probably fits better.

Hallie
Mary Ellen said…
I'm so sorry. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Being unemployed (when you want to be working) sucks big time. Your perfect job (and mine) is out there somewhere, I just know it.
Wanderlusting said…
As much as you think you need this job, you probably wouldn't wanna work there anyways...after all you've been put through, they sound kind of disorganized. You'll be thankful down the line that you didn't get it!
Cupcake Blonde said…
I am absolutely positive there is a bigger and better job just tailor made for you out there! Chin up, you will find it!

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

I'm confused...

My Plan worked wa ha ha ha