I need your good vibes...

Okay so knowing that there are so many people with REAL problems out there I feel a little selfish asking you this, but I am going to anyway.

Tuesday I had an interview for a really great job. It's perfect. Exactly what I want to do. It's an Employee Relations position for an American technology recruiting company. The position is an in house position here at a game testing lab. Everything about this job is perfect. It's even right across the street from my train stop. The girl who interviewed me seemed really positive. She said that she was really excited to come across my resume because I am the only candidate with Human Resources training/education and she also said that she really liked me and wanted me to succeed in the interview process. However she also said that she'd get back to me by yesterday to set up another more formal interview with the head person from the US who is flying in next week. It's now 4:45 on Thursday and I have heard nothing. I sent a thank you e-mail Tuesday evening, so I know that she has my e-mail address and I have spoken to the recruiter from the US so I know they have my correct phone number.

I am starting to worry. I really really want this job. (A point I also expressed to the interviewer and felt like a nob, but it's true.) I cannot tell you how perfect this job would be for me. I seriously could sit here and cry over how badly I want this. I have never wanted a job more in my life.

I believe in the power of positive thinking and so I have been picturing myself in the position. Tell myself that it's in the bag. But I really need your help. If you could just maybe take a second and send me some good vibes. I could really use them. Finding work is really the last piece of the puzzle for me and I really need the morale boost. Any second of your time that you could maybe spare would be much appreciated.

Thank you all!

xoxo

Comments

Wanderlusting said…
Aw man, I know how you feel. It's OK to not be 100% positive though, because you must protect yourself too. It's out of your hands, all you can do is hope! I'm always on the fence...do I think positively? Because if I do, and I fail, as I often do, it really sucks. Or do I think negatively and be suprised at the income? Or not be suprised and blame it on me being too negative.

I don't believe in the whole positive thoughts bringing you things (though it does bring you happiness) but I do believe in prayer, so I will pray for you, for this. If it's meant to be, it will be!! In the meantime, put it out of your head (if you can) and just be open :)
Odette said…
Yeah I am the same way with the whole negative/positive thing.

I have never tried the positive thought thing, but I am giving it a go because it can't hurt right? Plus it makes a bit of sense to me and as you said it makes you feel better! I have been praying my ass off too though cause I do believe that God listens and helps those who help themselves (hence the positive thinking.)

Thanks so much for the prayers. I really really appreciate it! :)
Whipping you a shit load of good vibes!! I'm sending you so many, I'm vibrating!!

Hallie :)
Mary Ellen said…
I am sending tons of good vibes. You are GOING to get this job, and that's final.

If this works, maybe I'll try it, because I'm not having any luck at all, going on 8 months now.

Praying, too, because that's also a good idea. Good luck, honey!!
Alice said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Of course, I had to check you out immediately to see who was reading me. :)

Good news - I work for Jesus - and I'm sending prayers and lots of good thoughts/positive vibes your way! I hope this works out well for you!

And I am so excited for you about your wedding. I'll be checking in frequently for update on all of it!

Keep us posted.
Cupcake Blonde said…
Good vibes, good vibes, good vibes!!! I hope you get this job because it does sound perfect for you! And don't sweat not hearing anything, it's corporate world, things come up. I am sure they will call. :)
jiggins said…
Sending them all your way.. any news yet?

Odette will you please follow my blog over at
Splitting Tens? I can never seem to locate you fast enough! :)
Mummerina said…
Sending you lost of good vibes and luck!

If you don't get it - its just not meant to be!

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

I'm confused...

My Plan worked wa ha ha ha