60 days

In 60 days I am going to become someone's wife. I will stand with him in front of our immediate families and wedding party and vow to share our lives together. It is supposed to be the most special day of my life and I am dreading it.

I want to be married, but I don't really want this wedding. I do not like the idea of being put on display like a show dog. I am not looking forward to having to dance in front of a bunch of people twice, having to be the centre of attention. I am really not looking forward to this. Do I want see my family and my friends and eat some good food, but this whole "wedding" idea scares the crap out of me.

So in 61 days I will be happily married an on my way to Alaska. So I am looking forward to that day 61 days from now.

Comments

Wanderlusting said…
LOL - wedding's are fun!!! It's one big party!
Why not just the two of you then?

Hallie
Wanderlusting said…
I second Hallie - Eloping is also fun! That's what I would want to do...
Odette said…
lol I was going to elope but my Mom found out and FREAKED out. Honestly this wedding is for my Mom, not us.
Kass said…
Gah. I love/hate weddings and can't imagine having to go through the stress of having one of my own (even tho I so want to get married). I've been thinking that a registry wedding with family, then a huge muthafucken party would be the bomb idea.

But I guess it's too late for you now! Muahaha!

You'll be fine, it'll go swell, and then you'll be smug and married :)
Odette said…
Actually that is what we are doing. But even with the party part there is the "first dance" and the "father daughter dance" and all that shit.

Whatever I am just going to get my bridal party to save me by coming out to join us on the dance floor or something.
Cupcake Blonde said…
Listen to me very carefully. You do not have to do anything you do not want to do. If dancing in front of people makes you uncomfortable, DON'T DO IT! Believe me, the first dance is NOT a big deal and actual is one of the most boring parts of the reception. No one would miss it if you got rid of it. Do what you want, not what your mom wants. This day is supposed to be about you and your husband-to-be, not your mother. Believe me, I know how hard it is to make moms understand that (I had my own fights) and some things you will have to concede on, but overall she should do what makes you happy because NEWSFLASH!!! It is YOUR wedding. Not hers, not your friends', not your families' YOURS!

Okay, rant over. Call me if you need to gear up the courage to discuss things with your mom. I am great at making moms see my way of things. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

I'm confused...

My Plan worked wa ha ha ha