One of those perfect days

Today was one of those amazingly perfect days. The kind that make you realize how lucky you are to just be. It wasn't that I did anything particularly special, but it was just amazing. To start off it was a beautiful day. The sun was out and the temperature was mild and there was no wind. By some miracle I convinced myself not to go back to sleep after I got home from dropping off the baby. This was miraculous seeing as I worked the pub crawl last night and didn't get to sleep until around 2:30am. To top it off I actually convinced myself to go jogging for the second day in a row!

I have started jogging again and it is a very very slow process since my body is a little messed up (hip/ lower back/ ankle/ shoulder issues stemming from one too many falls off ponies.) It is very frustrating because I want to be able to just go out and run but my hip gives out and I can't run anymore and when I do run on it like that I re-injure it and then I start back from good ol square one (after a month or so off to recover.) Right now I am just doing as much as I can, which I am not going to lie is not a lot. I jog / walk about a mile a day. By that I mean that I jog as much as I can, which is usually about 2/3 of my work out and walk the rest. I also walk at least 6 kms a day in general so it's not like I am not doing any exercise! Jogging for me though is more of a cardio builder. I will soon be adding swimming to the mix now that my new tat is all healed. I have gained a significant amount of weight since moving to Paris (about 10 lbs) and I hate it. I hate it so much because it makes me hate myself for loosing control of my weight and allowing it to get this bad. It doesn't help that I did one of those online calculators that determined that my "ideal" weight would be between 106 - 118 lbs. I would need to loose a lot of weight to meet that! I do try to remind myself that muscle is a big part of my weight (my body fat percentage is on the low end of healthy according to my doc) but I still hate the way I look right now. SOOOO I am working really hard on my not eating processed carb thing, which has its good and bad days, but I know that I am realistically not in a situation now where I could cut out carbs without murdering a child (I get a little testy while my body adjusts and I am not in a place where that would be okay right now.)

BUT I DIGRESS... I was talking about my perfect day! So after I jog I took an amazing shower and went out to return the bottles that I used for the Pub Crawl last night at the St. Michel fountain. In order to get to St. Michel from where I live I take the metro to Chatelet and walk across l'Ile de la Cite to get to the other side of the river (the left bank.) Now I have been living in Paris for five months and some days I think I get too wrapped up in my life to remember where I am, but then I have days like today when it just hits me and I realize that I LIVE IN FUCKING PARIS!!!!!!! On my trip to St. Michel I see (in this order) Place de Chatelet, the Eiffel tower (on my right as I cross over the canal), Notre Dame (on my left as I cross l'Ile de la Cite, then the St. Michel. On the way back I see all those sights PLUS Hotel de Ville... and that's JUST walking to work! It's freaking amazing! I love having those moments because it makes me appreciate everything I have all the more and I think that wanting what you've got is more important that getting what you want (thanks Sheryl Crow!)





To top off that moment of awesomeness I got to get together with my friends for lunch (two of whom had come on the Pub Crawl with me last night.) AND I got off work SUPER early! YAY! I also caught a glimpse of the beautiful sunset out my window (photo provided.) Now if that isn't the best way to spend a day then I don't know what is.


Speaking of great ways to spend a day! I also get to go to Toulouse tomorrow to spend the weekend with the boyfriend. I seriously don't know what I did to deserve him, but I am soooo thankful that I did it! Things right now are going pretty well... I am really worried that by appreciating all these great things that I am jinxing myself, but what can ya do? So have a great weekend everyone! I'll be blogging about my trip on my travel blog so keep an eye out for that! Anywhoo have a great weekend everyone and pray to the snowboard Gods for me... maybe this will finally be the time that I actually get the hang of this snowboarding thing!

Comments

Wanderlusting said…
The scale doesn't matter, seriously. I, as of yesterday morning, weigh 124 lbs! THAT'S NUTS! In the middle of November I was 138 lbs. But I don't really LOOK like I have lost that much weight. Or maybe I do, I'm used to the "new" body now that maybe I don't remember what I used to look like? I just know it's better but still, the scale means nothing. If I weighed 130 and still looked good, I would have stayed there. Anyhoo, Im done with weight loss for now, just need to tone up and stuff. Kudos for your jogging, you'll be in shape in no time...just avoid the Brie. MMM, Brie.
Cupcake Blonde said…
I found this blog through wanderlusting who was nice enough to post your link on her blog. I have been reading through your post and am enjoying them immensely. Your stories make me wish I was living in Paris doing what you do. To me it sounds wonderful!

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

My first school gripe

I'm confused...