The first of many on this topic I'm sure...

So if any of you have read Karina's blog over the last few months, this may sound like deja-vu.

I am in the process of job-hunting and there is no single more soul sucking activity I'm sure (and yes I am including wedding planning and bikini shopping!) I have never in my life felt more useless and like a bigger waste of space. My confidence is at an all time low and I am feeling the scary shadows of depression closing in.

I had two job interviews today. The first was for a receptionist position for a shady "marketing" company and the second one was for an HR position for a great company that has some great perks (eg they pay 80% of tuition if I decided to go back to school.) The first interview never materialized. There was no one at the office that they sent me to, which was fine since after consideration I really didn't want that job. The second interview was going great, the office has a really casual vibe and I really could see myself fitting in with the people there. I wrote a few aptitude tests and passed those and then I had to do a typing test. The typing test was a disaster! I can type fine when it's my own thoughts that I am trying to type, but I can't copy a text to save my life. On top of that I get really hung up on spelling and punctuation, so I fracked up again. I ended up typing about 30 WPM instead of the 40 WPM that I needed. They were so nice about it too and I felt so stupid. Oy I really wanted that job.

Then of course there was the other test for the Post-Grad Recruitment program for the federal government that I fracked up. I am seriously fried and stressed. I have little to no self-worth and I just want to pack up my things and go back to Vancouver. But no I have sent my resume to multiple recruitment agencies and will write a Karina-esque letter if I have to. I will go on, but I may just drop dead in the process.

Comments

Wanderlusting said…
Ugh, that's all I can muster saying right now. Ugh ugh ugh. Your typing test was my excel test. Well not the last one but I cheated on that haha. It's funny cuz the ad for my job said I needed advanced excel skills. I did good enough on the test and SO FAR I have only used to to record things in the budget.

Sometimes I think when you go in for an interview and they like you the job desciption doesnt matter anymore. They mold the job to you. As such I am barely doing any admin or excel stuff that the ad stated I would and instead am doing journalismy stuff. So dont despair - if they want you (and they are worth it), it doesnt matter about the tests.

PS your previous post...your brother and his FIANCE? DID I MISS SOMETHING HERE????
Odette said…
No! You missed nothing! I always call the Swede my bro's fiancee b/c I have always considered them as such. Plus I feel that it gives them more legitimacy... silly I know, but I'm his sis and I want to protect him a little :)
Cupcake Blonde said…
Reading these types of posts make me recosider looking for a new job. I hate this process. Good luck with everything. I truly hate interviewing so I will be thinking of you and wishing you well.
Anonymous said…
Hang in there. Have you put your resume up on those job-searching sites like Monster.com? I got my job that way, they called me.

Just keep trying and you'll find something.

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

I'm confused...

100th Post