Back to work

So today is day two of work after my holidays. Unfortunately I am still sick, I think I may have a sinus infection because my sinuses are killing me and I have had a headache for a week. I know that I need to see a doctor but it is such a pain in the ass to make the appointment in French and blah blah blah. Thankfully the Canadian Embassy has a list of Canadian doctors in Paris who speak both English and French so I can explain and get explanations from a doctor in my native language instead of trying to understand medical jargon in French.

Things at work have returned to normal. The Rs are in the process of trying to find my replacement for next year and that is putting the kids on edge a little bit. I do feel bad for them, but what can I do? Mme R sat me down and asked me what had been bothering me the last little while (I have been irritable and anti-social see posts from Feb and Jan) and I didn't know what to tell her except that I have essentially been sick for a month. My body is tired and I am burnt out and that all came to a head while we were in the alps. I was getting about an hour's sleep a night because the place was a loft and thus all open so I heard EVERYTHING and since the kids were all sick they were up all night crying and so we were all up all night. I was sick too so my body felt out of whack and I was in a shitty mood. Mme R said that they felt embarrassed every time they left the kids with me in the morning. I feel really bad about that, but I was wrecked my body couldn't do it with a smile no matter how hard I tried. The deal when I was asked about this trip was that I look after the kids in the morning snowboard all afternoon and that was it. So I didn't do much to help in the evenings after snowboarding. I was tired and I couldn't go anywhere since I was staying with them and since I didn't have a room I couldn't lay down or anything. Marion one night freaked out at me because I wasn't doing anything to help them at night. I mean I was setting the table and that was about it. I know that that was a little lazy if me but I was so so tired I just wasn't thinking straight. Anyway that is how I was less than a model employee on that trip. I should point out that I did get REALLY sick the day after we got back from the Alps so it just goes to show HOW MUCH I was fighting illness and how run down my body was when it was all done. Hell I am STILL sick! But it is over now and I am moving on with as much of a smile as I can muster.

Going back to work is never easy especially when you are sick. But I am trying to just keep swimming and get back into the swing of things, after all it's only for a month then I am back on vacation! Yay I love France! OOOh and get this I am probably going to Florida for five days! Yay family reunions! So anyway that's about all for me for now. I have hit a new milestone I have now replaced Facebook with the blogging world, I am obsessed! I check all the blogs in my list religiously! It's getting out of hand, but oh well what can ya do?!

Comments

Wanderlusting said…
Lol - I replaced the blogging world with Facebook. Sometimes, I get confused between the two :)
Delicieux said…
Hooray for reading blogs every day :) I'm in the same boat!!
Cupcake Blonde said…
Welcome to the time-sucking world that is blogging! I seriously do not know how I read all that I do!

Sorry I have not been by lately. I have had my own work related nightmares that I just can't deal with right now. So are they looking for a new person to replace you because you only want to stay for a year or they told you they didn't want you to stay? Because if it is the latter they can just shove it since you obvioulsy are wonderful! I mean you tried to work while sick. I would have stayed in bed the whole time and told them to leave me alone. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

100th Post

I'm confused...