Detox Day 10

Detox phase: 2
Foods I can eat: Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts, Seeds, Fish and legumes
Cheats: 6 (Arg)

What I ate today:
Breakfast: Berry Smoothie
Lunch: whoops
Snack: Carrots and hummus
Dinner: Salmon and Bok Choy


So I'm on day 10 and I am crashing and burning pretty bad.  I'm not going to lie I felt like crap until I started cheating a bit and then my life became worth living again.  Before cheating I was STARVING all the time and all I wanted to do was eat tons and tons of crap, but then I ate a couple (literally probably like 5-6) potato chips and my entire outlook changed.  Suddenly my life wasn't about obsessing about food and what I could and could not eat, I was instead able to see my life clearly.  So yes I may have had a few slips (said chips, 2 spoonfuls of pb&j, 2 x a quarter pint of ice cream and I can't remember the last one) but I have been sticking to it besides that.  I am not going to totally fall off the wagon and abandon the whole thing, but if I need something I am going to have it.  I haven't felt any positive changes from the detox, even before I let the cheats slip. I didn't feel any lighter or more clear-headed as was advertised.  That is why I don't feel so guilty.    


Anyway the quest continues.  I will finish out the last week and a bit and then get back to my regular life but once a month I am going to try to go back to phase 1 for a couple of days just to keep myself in check and I will also make sure that whole real foods are the majority of what I consume I want to cut as much processed crap out of my diet as I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

100th Post

I'm confused...