What's up, buttercup?

In the last 18 months my life has once again changed in ways I could not anticipate.  These changes fall into 2 categories (maybe 3):

The good:
I started an MBA program.  I am almost one year into a three-ish year program

I bought a townhouse and I live in it all alone!

The bad:
Very suddenly and unexpectedly lost my mare. I am still recovering from that one, I have major anxiety about that almost daily.

My precious little fluff muffin, Harley (my cat) developed kidney disease and a sarcoma on his jaw and had to be put down. I still miss him, all the time.

I had some major professional setbacks at work.

I injured myself at work, which has affected my life all around. I injured some nerves in my neck and dislocated a few ribs (do you know how easy it is to keep pulling your ribs out once they've been out once??) I haven't been working out for about the last year.  Remember all that progress I was making when I started my running journey? Well, that's all out the window. Starting over is really really hard.

The neutral:
I found out that I suffer from an anxiety disorder. I am working on it, but it's hard.

Needless to say, I am a very different person from the one I was when I started this blog about 10 years ago. Divorce is hard, rebuilding your life is hard, but the hard stuff makes the small victories sweeter. I am living a surprisingly grateful life despite the negative tone of my latest posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first school gripe

Spreading the positive vibes!

Where do I go from here?