1 more sleep!

Tomorrow we go to sign the millions of papers to get possession of our new house. It is a very exciting, but also stressful time for us.

I sadly did not get the Camp Counselor job that I was hoping for because I did not know about High School Musical. Yesterday I was so upset I wanted to cry (or worse!) which I know is stupid, but I have tried sooo hard to look for work and I finally thought that I had broken the curse and I really wanted to start working again, but I was once again turned away. How was I rejected based on my lack of knowledge of HSM? Well this camp had a theater component and the guy interviewing me asked me to assume that I was in charge of a group of 6 year old girls and then asked me what play they'd want to do. I said that they may want to make up their own or do a princess play, because that's what all the kids I looked after in France wanted to do. WELL apparently I am out of touch because he was very disappointed that I didn't know that they would obviously want to do HSM. I mean for the love of God I could watch the damned movies, but no I am out of touch.

I am more angry than upset today because I have a bit of perspective and realize how stupid it is. I am OVERQUALIFIED for that job. I used to RUN the day camp at my old barn, so it's not as though I don't know what I'm doing! Arg! Plus I really just needed the boost, but WHATEVER! Grrr.

Okay that was not what I wanted to talk about anyway! So we have our writing hands loosened up (for the millions of signatures tomorrow), we have our paint colors picked out, the car is loaded with all of our tools (we're getting possession on the same day as the transfer, which is rare but good.) We're ready for this very exciting step in our lives. I had the pleasure of spending hours in Home Depot over the last few weeks (I love that place!) and I am fully aware that it will be the same for the rest of my life! We bought a BRAND new washer and dryer and a 1 year old fridge and stove! We're sort of packed and living in a jungle of boxes... yup we're ready.

For us it's nice to make this commitment because it is just one step closer to making that ultimate commitment! In related news people have already started to RSVP to the wedding and enough people have RSVP'd no that we dont' have to worry about not having enough space at the venue! (YAY!)

Okay so I am going to go back to watching the hockey game (GO CANUCKS!!!!) Hopefully next time I'll be able to make a more coherent post! ha ha ha!

Hope you're all doing well, wherever you are! :)

Comments

Yeah for the new home!!

Hallie :)
Wanderlusting said…
That was me last year - applied to hundreds of jobs, most I was overqualified for. I heard back from maybe 10% of them and had interviews for 5% of them to no avail. But I eventually got my job and time is flying by here, which is good. AND looking back, I would have been miserable with 90% of the jobs I applied for, had I got them!

I believe that you CAN have everything, so don't think that just because you bought a house and are getting married and all your dreams are coming true that God/fate/life is holding out on you (that's how I think, anyway). You will get a job, it's just taking a long time for reasons which may not be apparent for quite a while. Thankfully you have a husband to support you - it could be a lot worse!

PS HSM sucks!
Cupcake Blonde said…
It all sounds so wonderful. Except the stupid camp job moron. Uhm, I thought those movies were for tweens. Six seems WAAAYYYY too young to be interested in doing HSM. So I think THEY are out of touch or are trying to be too IN touch to be right. You wuldn't want to work in a place like that nay way.
Cupcake Blonde said…
That should say "any way." I can't type.

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

I'm confused...

My Plan worked wa ha ha ha